|Electronic Waste Recycling Day on the Upper West Side|
|Amsterdam Avenue at West 110th Street, New York, NY 10025 Map It Tell A Friend|
|Responsibly recycle and reuse your unwanted or broken electronics with the Lower East Side Ecology Center and the Columbus-Amsterdam Business Improvement District. As part of our fall e-waste recycling series, we will be collecting consumer electronic equipment at the Amsterdam Avenue Block Party.
For a complete list of what materials we accept and what we cannot take, clickhere.
For more information about our program overall, including data security policies, click here.
Anyone who drops-off electronic equipment will be entered in Tekserve’s raffle for a new MacBook Air. Zipcar members will recieve a coupon for $15 of free driving credit for coming to the event.
We would like to thank the Columbus-Amsterdam Business Improvement District for including us in the Block Party. The fall e-waste event series is sponsored by Tekserve.
What can I bring?
We accept the following working and non-working equipment:
• Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
• Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
• Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
• Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.)
• Tablets and E-readers
• Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
• TVs, VCRs, DVRs, & DVD Players
• Digital Converter Boxes, Cable/Satellite Receivers
• Portable music players
• Audio-visual equipment
• Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
• Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
We cannot accept home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, or air conditioners and we also cannot accept ionization smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors (those that are labeled as containing radioactive material). For information on how to dispose of these items, click linked item.
Please note: To recycle media, such as disks, CDs, and VHS tapes please recycle withGreen Disk. We can also accept media but suggest a donation of $.50 per item to cover our disposal costs.