Mark grew up with Melanie in Montreal. She has a traditional work history that people would dream of in the beauty industry. Now, let’s help her in her biggest achievement to date: making the launch of her book the success she hopes for and educating all of us Aunts to be all that children dream of… they all would love to have their Aunts be like Auntie Melanie!
From: Melanie Notkin <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 1:51 PM
Subject: Hi from Melanie / Savvy Auntie Book
To: Melanie Notkin <firstname.lastname@example.org>Dear Friend,
My first book, SAVVY AUNTIE: The Ultimate Guide for Cool Aunts, Great-Aunts, Godmothers and All Women Who Love Kids(Morrow/HarperCollins) is released TOMORROW, April 26th.
The book has already been praised by:
* Elizabeth Gilbert, bestselling author of Eat, Pray, Love and Committed
* Tori Spelling, Bestselling author and Actress
* Gretchen Rubin, Bestselling author of The Happiness Project
* Christiane Northrup, M.D., ob/gyn physician and author of the New York Times bestsellers: Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause.
* Rosemarie T. Truglio, Ph.D., Vice President, Education & Research, Sesame Workshop
* Mary Lou Quinlan, CEO, Just Ask a Woman, author, What She’s Not Telling You
* Jill Zarin, Real Housewife of New York and Co-author, Secrets of a Jewish Mother
* Melissa Kirsch, author The Girl’s Guide to Absolutely Everything
* “The Guncles” – Bill Horn & Scout Masterson
* Jenny Stewart — Entertainment Journalist, Voted “10 Amazing Gay Women in Showbiz”
Kirkus Reviews calls it “Communal childrearing at its finest.”
And just today, Dr. Bob Philips said: “…her practical advice and tongue-in-cheek sense of humor will make this book a best-seller.”
The book is currently #3 on Amazon.com’s list of Mother’s Day book gift ideas!
This is all “FAuntastic” news but now here comes the *heart-beating-out-of-my-chest* moment when … my book goes on sale!
A humble request: Will you help give Savvy Auntie the book a great push this *critically important* first week? You may have already pre-ordered the book and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. But if you’ve been meaning to consider buying the book, for yourself, for a Savvy Auntie in your life, for your sister, best friend, your wife, your girlfriend, a woman who has been especially kind to your children, please consider doing so by April 27th.
The first-week sales are key to a book’s success and I’m so grateful for your support in buying a copy. Nearly 50 percent of American women are not moms but every woman has a child in her life she loves and adores. The book celebrates the Savvy Auntie. It’s not just a book. It’s a movement. Plus, I’m giving $1 to EpicChange.org for each book sold in honor of a little girl in Tanzania who helped me get this book deal. Here’s that story…
Here’s the Amazon.com link to purchase a copy and/or share:
A few other ways you can support my book:
* Would you consider sharing the Amazon.com link on your Facebook profile and /or Tweeting about it? If you reach your network with support for my book, it’s incredibly helpful.
* Do you have a blog? Would you mind writing a blog post about the book?
* Tell your friends! Forward this email to a few Savvy Aunties (or people who love their kids’ aunts!).
* If you ordered or will now order the book, you’ll receive it this week! Please take a photo with the book and share it on Facebook. That really helps too.
* If you’re in New York City, please join me this Thursday at Borders in Time Warner Center at 7PM for a “Discussion and Book Signing.”
Thank you so much for your support, and for helping me celebrate both the release of my book and more importantly, the role aunts play in the American Family Village.
This is the happiest, proudest time of my life. And I thank you for joining me on this journey.
(Please forgive me if you receive this twice)
Savvy Auntie® l Founder l Author l Lifestyle Expert l Spokesperson l Speaker l
Pre-Order Now! SAVVY AUNTIE: The Ultimate Guide for Cool Aunts, Great-Aunts, Godmothers and All Women Who Love Kids William Morrow/HarperCollins
“What a wonderful gift this book is…. Read this book, embrace it, pass it along: ‘Savvy Auntie’, like the women it celebrates, is destined to be dearly loved.
–Elizabeth Gilbert, bestselling author of Eat, Pray, Love and Committed